- Understand the needs of cats and strive to make visits to the vet clinic cat friendly
- Approach and handle cats gently and with care through ongoing staff education
- Follow the ISFM Feline Friendly Handling and Nursing Care guidelines and have made the pledge to be ‘Scruff free’
- Have invested in equipment to manage the specific care requirements of cats
- Have an appointed Cat Advocate member of staff to implement and oversee our cat friendly clinic status
- A separate cat waiting area. There are raised areas on which to place your cat carrier which will be away from areas where other animals may be waiting. There is also a visual barrier to give the cats an extra sense of security
- The use of feline pheromone diffusers to help calm and reassure
- A quiet, well equipped consulting room suitable for cats to feel calm in
- A range of equipment such as blood pressure monitors and cat specific weighing scales to provide a high level of care to our feline patients
- A hospitalisation ward where there is a visual barrier between the cat and other species. We provide comfortable, soft bedding and cat igloos or perch and hide boxes to allow your cat privacy during their stay with us
- Facilities for surgery, dentistry, lab testing and diagnostic imaging are available to allow procedures to be performed to a high standard of care for feline patient
If you have any questions regarding the facilities and care we provide for your cats, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In the meantime, you may find the leaflets below useful – click on the link to download.